The price of an overactive imagination is fear.


Last Friday, we did a small firm event which was organised by the lawyers for fun.

The young’uns chose an immersive horror house experience at the Linc in KL called Hauntu, followed by dinner at De.Wan.

I naively thought that as I approach my 40s, I have matured enough to handle some “scary” stuff (I watched a few seasons of AHS recently OK, don’t mess ๐Ÿ˜‚). So I did not become the spoilsport partner that vetoed or did a no-show for Hauntu.

I think I was semi-respectable during the visit (there were 8 of us after all) and only let out a scream or two. ๐Ÿ˜‚ The creepy set itself was really well done in most places but the illusion was lost whenever fake bodies appeared. Their mannequins just couldn’t compete with the realism of wax figurines at Madame Tussauds which I’ve seen before. Hauntu should really consider dialling down on fake heads and introducing some dry ice smoke or fog effect instead.

I think the way I look with curly hair was more scary than the mannequin they used.


Post-Hauntu, I really struggled to fall asleep cause each time I closed my eyes, I would picture myself alone back at the worse parts of the set. Like standing in the 50s bedroom or the metal caged utility closet area.

When I finally fell sleep, I dreamt I was back in the freaking set and it was one of those damn dreams where you can’t move your muscles or make a sound until you finally burst scream/cry aloud in real life. Jason had to shake me awake and say it’s just a dream. This was 2:30am. Jason promptly fell back asleep but I didn’t go back to sleep until 7am when it was brighter outside. I had to listen to my audiobook and a podcast to get through those 4.5 hours. ๐Ÿ˜…

Since the kids were sleeping over at my in-laws for 2 nights, we booked a one-night stay at Majestic KL on Saturday. This is before we learned that Hauntu was hotel themed. I refused to cancel because we’ve had 2 unsuccessful attempts at a staycation there (Covid-19 quarantine then fully booked)

Anyway, as we were checking in, I really needed to pee but the hotel doesn’t have a toilet in their lobby! Guests have to go to the second floor. Since Jason was still busy with the receptionist, I decided to go on my own, I walked to the lift, pressed the lift button, and walked straight back to the reception. Haha.

Apparently, Jason already knew when I walked off that I couldn’t heck it alone and would come back without peeing.

When we got to our room and had just shut our room door, I heard bells jingling in the corridor. Like a possessed woman, I damn loudly said “Why are there bells ringing?!”, aggressively swung the door back open to “scare” and “verify” whatever was outside…

It was a little toddler wearing sandals with light and sound effects and her father mid-unlocking their room door and staring at me with fear for his innocent offspring. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *